If you’re in education or training sector, you should take a moment and review the OneNote Class Notebook Creator app – I just spent the few minutes checking it out and it looks like it offers a great set of features. Here’s the link to the article:
- OneNote Class Notebook Creator blog post by Microsoft
Here’s a summary of what the app allows you to do:
- Create classes and set up notebook templates
- Add students to the class and automatically create OneNote sections for their homework, assignments, etc.
- Create shared content & collaboration libraries
- Add other teachers / staff to the class notebooks
- Secure students’ notebooks so only they have access
- Manage students, teachers, content centrally
- Notify students by email of notebook creation
I can easily see this being used in schools and in organizations that provide training with a (more-or-less) formal training curriculum. There are a couple of things missing from the app – such as being able to grade student assignments in a structured, reportable way; hopefully that’s something that can be added later – if there’s demand for it.
If you are an accredited educational institution, you can get everything you need to implement this for free, and businesses can get a free trial of Office 365 to check it out.
Get in touch if you’re interested in trying this out!